Do I need a permit to build?

Yes. Whether a fence, porch, new house or addition, a permit is required for all construction. Please contact City Hall for more information.

My neighbor has trash and weeds, what can be done?

The City of San Elizario recently passed a health and sanitation ordinance. This ordinance covers the following situations:

  • Weeds
  • Burning
  • Junked Cars
  • Dead Animals
  • Dumping
  • Stagnant Water
  • Waste Products (trash, sewage, tires, etc.)

Click here to read the full ordinance. Please call City Hall to report any violations.

Where can I see the ordinances?

All ordinances are here.

Are you hiring?
The City of San Elizario is not currently hiring at this time. Please check back for available opportunities.
I need to know who to contact to fix a pothole on my street.

Please contact the City Clerk to report a pothole. Until we grow our Public Works department, we have an inter-local agreement with the County of El Paso. To better understand how this works, any time the City of San Elizario needs a pothole filled, a stop sign replaced, or a streetlight repaired, El Paso’s Road and Bridge leg of Public Works will facilitate and charge the City of San Elizario per each incident.

When are City Council meetings?

City council meetings are held every second and fourth Tuesday of the month. Meetings begin at 6:00pm.

How do I get a legal address?

Please contact the City Clerk Nancy Montes (915) 974-7037 and she will contact the El Paso Central Appraisal District for the request.

What do I do if I get a ticket with the City Marshal?

Please contact the Court Administrator Monica Leon at (915) 974-7037  upon receiving the citation.

Where can I have a commercial building?

Commercial buildings are only permitted on commercial zoned properties.

Please contact the Building Official Guillermo Reyes at (915) 974-7037 or please visit City Hall for official map.


12710 Church St.
P.O. Box 1723
San Elizario, Texas, 79849